Dark Hacker World–
Since you are on this page, it is safe to assume that you are looking for a solution to PUBG Lite cannot find the msvcp140.dll file error.
Many of you may have come across this issue. You may have thought that there is some issue with your game installer. But it’s not because of your game installer. In most cases, this error happens due to corrupt system libraries.
The msvcp140.dll is used by several programs running in your system. Due to the high demand, the file may get corrupted at times. But nothing to worry about as it can be easily fixed. There is more than one way of fixing this system issue. In this post, we have mentioned some of the common methods used to resolve the issue.
Method 1: Install MSVCP140.dll File
Like we mentioned before, this file is used by many programs in your system. The file may get damaged due to its high demand. In this case, you will have to install the file again. In other words, you need to replace the damaged file with a new one. For that, you need to download the msvcp140.dll file.
Here is what you have to do:
- At first, you need to download and install the entire DLL-files setup.
- Once the installation is done, run the application.
- Go to the search box and type msvcp140.dll and hit the option Search for Dll file beside the search box.
- In the search result, click on the file msvcp14.dll.
- Now hit the install button.
Once the file is successfully installed, check whether the method worked for you or not. In case, it didn’t, we have other methods that you can try.
Method 2: Reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package
For those who don’t know Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package provides the runtime ecosystem for an app based on C++. The msvcp14.dll is included in this package. By reinstalling the package, you will be able to replace the corrupted msvcp14.dll file with a new one. But you are advised to download the package from the official website of Microsoft.
The steps to complete the process are:
- The first thing you need to do is download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package from the official page.
- In this step, you need to choose the language and then hit the download option.
- Now choose the right version from the given list. Make sure that the version is supported by your Windows.
- To check whether the package is compatible with your Windows, click on the System Info in the search bar as shown in the image below.
- Select the option System Information and look for the option System Type in this section.
- In this step, you need to select the right Windows version which is x86 or x64 from the download page. Once done, select the option Next to proceed further.
- After the package is downloaded, all you have to do is install it.
- Once you are done with all the above-mentioned steps, restart your system.
- Now try to launch your PUBG Lite to check whether you are getting the same error or not. This method should fix your issue.
Method 3: Copy MSVCP140.dll File From Another PC
If you find the other two methods hard to follow, you can try out this method. This method is easy and will surely help resolve the error. In this method, all you have to do is copy the file from another PC and then paste it in the PC where you are getting the error. But you need to keep in mind that the PC you are copying it from should be of the same Windows version as the one that is showing the error, or else the method will not work.
Here are the steps to be followed:
- The first you need to do is open the File Explorer by pressing Windows+ E Key. After that go to the Local Disk C.
- You need to follow this path (C:\Windows\System32). In the System 32 folder, you can find the msvcp140.dll file. Copy the file from there.
- Now transfer the copied file using a USB flash drive to your PC and paste it in the same location where you copied it from on the other PC.
After you are done with the mentioned steps, restart your PC and run PUBG Lite. If the error is gone, then you have completed the steps successfully.
Method 4: Reinstalling PUBG Lite
The installation files of the game also come with the msvcp14.dll file. By reinstalling the game you can resolve the issue. Even your system may ask you to reinstall the game once again. This is perhaps one of the easiest ways to fix this error. All you have to do is just reinstall the game again.
Here is what you have to do:
- Open a Run window by pressing the Window + R key at the same time.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run window and click on Enter.
- A new window will open where you will get to see the list of all the installed apps and programs on your PC.
- Select the PUBG Lite application and click on the Uninstall button.
- A confirmation window will show on the screen where you need to click on the option Yes. By doing so you will uninstall the application from your system.
- Now restart your computer.
- Next, reinstall PUBG Lite check whether the problem is still there or not.
The msvcp14.dll file error is a system issue that can be fixed with any of these methods. We have provided all the four methods that are commonly used to solve this issue. You can try any of the methods that you find it easy for you. In case it doesn’t work you can try the other methods. This will surely fix the error for you.