KitPloit – PenTest Tools!–
The ShowStopper project is a tool to help malware researchers explore and test anti-debug techniques or verify debugger plugins or other solutions that clash with standard anti-debug methods.
With this tool, you can attach a debugger to its process and research the debugger’s behavior for the techniques you need (the virtual addresses of functions that apply to anti-debug techniques are printed to console) and compare them with their implementation. The tool includes a varied set of different techniques from multiple sources, including real-world malware and published documents and articles. The implemented techniques work for the latest Windows releases and for different modern debuggers.
How to install and use the tool, and contribute your findings in the documentation for the project.
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (x86/x86-64)
- 32-Bit debuggers (OllyDbg, x32dbg, WinDbg, etc.)
- P. Ferrie. The “Ultimate”Anti-Debugging Reference
- N. Falliere. Windows Anti-Debug Reference
- J. Jackson. An Anti-Reverse Engineering Guide
- Anti Debugging Protection Techniques with Examples
Programmed by Yaraslau Harakhavik